Condo guard assault: Bersatu leaving probe to the authorities - EDISI SIASAT

Condo guard assault: Bersatu leaving probe to the authorities

Read Time:2 Minute, 7 Second

Condo guard assault: Bersatu leaving probe to the authorities

Condo guard assault: Bersatu leaving probe to the authorities

KOTA BARU: Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) says it is leaving it to the authorities to investigate an incident where one of its member allegedly assaulted a security guard at a condominium in Perak last year.

Bersatu supreme council member Datuk Mohamed Farid Mohamed Zawawi said the party would let the issue be handled by the police and the country’s judiciary system.

“Hopefully, the victim’s family will obtain justice via due legal process. We leave it to the police and the country’s judiciary system and will not interfere in this issue,” he told reporters when met at his office here today.

Farid, who is also the Kota Baru Bersatu division chief, disputed claims that the suspect was the Kota Baru Bersatu Armada (youth wing) chief.

He said based on information obtained, the man was a Perak Bersatu member.


Disyorkan Untuk Anda :


“Therefore, I would like to dismiss viral claims that the person was the Kota Baru Bersatu Armada chief. The real Armada chief is Mohd Ekhwan Mohd Hatta,” he said.

He however acknowledged that the suspect had contested the post last year but lost to Ekhwan.

The suspect, who was a guest at the homestay where the incident took place, was caught on CCTV assaulting the guard on Dec 29.

A worker found the guard bleeding from the head and rushed him to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital.

The guest was charged on Jan 6 this year with assault under Section 335 of the Penal Code.

However, the video of the assault went viral again on social media after the victim died on Friday.

The family of the victim had voiced their disagreement with the outcome of the post-mortem report and claimed that the victim had died from injuries sustained in the assault.

Following the victim’s death, police have since reclassified the case as murder.

Perak police said they are awaiting further instructions from the deputy public prosecutor.

Condo guard assault: Bersatu leaving probe to the authorities


Disyorkan Untuk Anda :

Lawati Laman Facebook Kami


 

Covid-19: Sarawak ready to vaccinate 12- to 17-year-olds, says chief minister

Share

Leave a Reply